Monday, February 14, 2011

Dave Matthews Band

is from South Africa. Well, more like Dave Matthews is from South Africa. This makes me happy :)

Also, yesterday I went and saw the Princess Diana Exhibit at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. As I was looking at all of the wonderful displays about her, one caught my eye: the letter read to the world at Diana's funeral by her brother, Charles. I found out that Charles currently lives in South Africa, and that when Diana visited in July before she passed, she was able to meet Nelson Mandela. What is extraordinary about this meeting is that they were both able to, purposely, not get a photograph together. They wanted to meet under normal circumstances, without a media frenzy. This really spoke volumes about not only Diana's character, but Nelson Mandela's as well. I respect them both so greatly because of actions such as these.

Two more occurances in my day to day life reminding me of where I am about to travel to.

34 days!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment